Thanksgiving is a distinctly American holiday, simply revolving around family, food, and football (really, an excuse to stretch out before the TV and nap while “watching” the game.)
More importantly, it is a time to count the many blessings that God has bestowed on us. Here, at the Vladimir Bryant Foundation, we are thankful for what God has done for us. In 2017, we have seen the following:
- God has blessed us with an additional nine children to care for and love at our Little Hearts home in Haiti.
- The 5th Annual VBF Foundation Dinner, where the signature event was the opportunity to receive Little Heart Love banks, painted by the children of Little Hearts home, for a small donation. All 36 banks sold out before then end of the event.
- Partnership with the Haiti Initiative, which has expanded the support for our Little Hearts home.
- Concert on the Hill, a spring event featuring local Christian music artists and serving Holy Smokes Chicken to the attendees.
- A five-day trip to Haiti in July, where
- All the children received complete physical examinations. The results were placed in formal medical files with recommendations for follow-up care.
- The health care team also held 2 health fairs, providing medical, dental and optometry services to over 300 people in the community. In addition, we were able to bless 100 men, women and children with prescription glasses.
- The trip culminated in a 3-day crusade in Haiti where many people experienced the love of Jesus Christ for the very first time.
- Creation and dedication of the VBF Playground at Levittown Church of God, an outdoor space which will allow all children, regardless of physical abilities, to play together in a safe and fun space.
- The VBF Bistro, an evening out for an Italian meal, where the youth from Levittown Church of God served both the diners and our foundation.
- The VBF Holiday Bazaar, where shoppers got a head-start on their Christmas shopping early and provided support the foundation at the same time.
- Our second annual VBF 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament with 6 teams participating in a round-robin tournament to raise funds for our Little Hearts home.
- Countless bake sales throughout the year where volunteers provided cookies, brownies, cake pops and other treats which raised donations for the foundation.
Additionally, the Vladimir Bryant Foundation is thankful that God has opened a new door to expand their reach into the local community through the establishment of the Vladimir Bryant Before and After Care program. This program will be the first of its kind in the state (county?), providing care for both physically challenged children and their siblings, allowing parents one convenient and secure place to drop off all their children who need a place to be before and after school.
All these moments were given by the grace of God to the foundation. However, they would not have become reality without the generous support that the foundation receives from its donors and sponsors. Every gift, large or small, helps the foundation continue their work of helping bringing health and hope to children who have had little of either in their young lives.
The Vladimir Bryant Foundation has a very long list of things for which to be thankful. But most importantly, we are thankful for all the support received in 2017 from so many wonderful people.
“I never stop thanking God for you. I always remember you in my prayers.” – Ephesians 1:16 (NIV)